Sunday, 7 September 2014

We stand together in unity!

I am typing this with my adorable little black cat (who I hasten to add was a stray) Milly on my lap, with her whiskers tickling me. She is  named after the main character Millicent, in  a play I wrote in  1999, and then  lost after dropping a glass from a shelf onto the screen of an old laptop, it was called  "Trapped". Soho theatre said it had potential if I made it longer, which I did, and then lost it all when I smashed the laptop screen...reminiscing over what could have been.Anyway I went to the NHS Rally yesterday, I arrived at 5ish, Trafalgar SQ was still quite packed. There was a feeling of real solidarity, it was something that made me feel emotional at times. Billy Bragg  was singing, he had a certain anger which made me sad,but I do understand why as I said to my friend you can't get things done if you love everyone, and let them walk over you, they will just do what they intended to do anyway. My way of being peaceful and supportive doesn't work for everything.. Billy B said the enemies aren't the newspapers, as they are just doing their job, it's our own cynicism! Pity there has to be an enemy really...what happened to love thy neighbour? After Billy B, finished his singing and speech making the Labour MP for Hammersmith came up on stage, Andrew, (I didn't get his surname) amongst other things he  mentioned the people who sat outside Hammersmith Hospital for days on end, to stop the A and E from being shut down. That takes a certain type of person with focus, drive AND a love of humanity! Rufus Hound came down on his motorbike from the Savoy theatre, and gave an explosive speech, using son of a guns in the first instance about MP'S,  then when he became really fired up he used son of b's nearly saying bitches, but remembering before he used the whole word! I wondered if he suppressed himself because bitch is non PC ... at the end Billy B came on again and sung I will walk 5OO miles , the stewards and other speakers on stage were singing along. which made it more poignant! At the end I noticed a woman who was wearing bright purple, my favorite colour, I asked if I could take a photo which she kindly agreed. Here she is below!

No comments:

Post a Comment