Friday, 12 September 2014

life hanging in the balance.


 Yesterday I must say was a weird day, It started off in a normal way; breakfast, the usual vocal warm up exercises, back and knee stretches -something I have to do every day now for all the cycling I have done and will be doing over the years , in order not to get the aching in my knees again...Bath etc...
Then out for a coffee at McDonald's, to do my routine virtual surveying and general texting. Onto the bike shop to have my lights fixed, I go to am pleased to say that Simpson's of Malden Roadm, Queens crescent, which is a brilliant shop, they have helped me over the years, fixing things cheaper and quickly too-My partner who although he lives in Cricklewood is quite happy to travel there, as he reckons the sun shines out of their derrières! After losing business because of the internet, and having to shut 2 days a week  plus carry less stock, I  am pleased to say they seem to be picking up now!
Thank god! The little independent shops should prosper not become swallowed up because of people like the cycle manufacturers who's name starts with the letter B... the small  bikes which I call a saddle on a stick, in fact Simpson's stock their bikes and  had bought load of them but when Simpson's were losing business as they had bought so many on a sell or return which as it came to thousands of pounds  tried to return them, B wouldn't honour the agreement! In my eyes B must stand for  a rude word which used to be used to described someone who doesn't know his or her father, which I suppose it totally non PC  which is damn right !

 I had to rush to the Royal free hospital  last night as Victor (who is like my friend Yolande's' son Camille's surrogate father) who is 87, has  Bronchitis Pneumonia  (last night they said COPD which is different I think, or maybe part of the same category as that is an umbrella name for lung diseases)  and had a minor heart too.

Apparently  people don't get through what he has at his age... he was in a semi conscious state when I got there at 8ish , eyes closed and looking like he was not with it at all, although they said he could hear us it seemed impossible to think that, but I guess it's like when someone is in a coma... he did occasionally make tiny noises(it seemed like they were in his sleep) and opened his eyes for a milli second at one point, but it did seem like he was out of it... and his body was shutting down,  the doctor said that would happen as the acidity in his body got higher his organs would shut down...
AND yet now  he is stable... as he opened his eyes last night, it seemed like a miracle as we thought he would just slip away, the hospital said he would...either last night or in a few days!
Tonight when I arrived there he was chatting away Yolande said the doctor's were amazed that he had come through it when by rights he should be dead or nearly dead!


No comments:

Post a Comment