Last night was fantastic at the hospital, Victor was in great spirits chatting happily with Yolande and Cam when I arrived. The nurse didn't laugh at his jokes, sadly her sense of humour seemed to have been taken away from her, perhaps the nhs stole it away. .. We stayed til 10pm all so happy we felt like we had been given a gift! Yolande told me the doctors couldn't believe he had pulled through!
We left on a high, the three of us were like teenagers messing around- Cam got in a discarded push chair and his mum tried to push him, (no chance! )
Y and I went back to Victor's and discussed the terrible things that are happening with the UK especially the privatisation of the Nhs. I said basically we will have to stay well as we won't be able to afford treatment! Use all the self development tools we have learnt to stay positive, in order not to be ill! We became a bit maudlin til we talked about how it would be great to grow your own vegetables, or make products from natural resources, as Y made her own toothpaste, from coconut cream and some other ingredient, I can't remember which ..
Then we discussed the visualisation technique which really does work! Trevor my teacher uses it in solo singing class at the City lit. He talks about imagining you have a mouth at the back of your head, and when you want to open your soft palate to produce a high note, you imagine that little mouth opening. I think of that advert where the cartoon character's head splits in two so he can brush his teeth. It works!
At 530 am the hospital called Cam to say Victor deteriorated again back to square one!
No comments:
Post a Comment